- The (Lack of) Experimental Evidence Supporting the Use of Accelerated Reader– This is a really long piece that breaks down some of the claims from Renaissance Learning’s website about it’s effectiveness. This one was interesting because our school uses AR and I am interested when the data does not always seem to show what some claim it shows. For the nerds.
- Straight from the DOE: Dispelling Myths About Blocked Sites– This article describes the use of filters for the school settings. For the nerds, too…:-)
- Innovation is a process, not a product– George Couros explains why using technology is not necessarily innovative and how many teachers are innovative already.
- 5 Things That Make English Difficult for Foreigners to Learn– While not specifically for education, the folks at Mental Floss offer some interesting thoughts.
- 10 Ideas from Google’s 2016 Education On Air Conference– Matt Miller lists 10 popular presentations from the recent Conference.